Sustainable Food Sourcing
Sustainable Fish for Animal AmbassadorsWe are dedicated to healthy food sources for all of the animals at SeaWorld, Aquatica, and Discovery Cove. The Discovery Cove animal care team is committed to sustainable sourcing of fish fed to the fish-eating (piscivorous) animals. This includes purchasing food from responsibly managed fisheries that we closely review for nutritional quality and safety. We also avoid purchasing fish that have been caught or farmed in ways that harm other marine life or the environment.
Sustainable Food Sourcing and Humane FarmingAs part of our efforts to inspire our guests to protect the world we live in, we are dedicated to responsible food sourcing. As part of that policy, we commit to only provide humanely raised and sustainably harvested food at SeaWorld, Aquatica, and Discovery Cove. Here are a few of the commitments our company has made towards sustainable and humane food sourcing:
- A continuing commitment to serving seafood sourced from either sustainably managed fisheries or aquaculture in all park restaurants;
- Expand park menus to include more plant-based options for guests.
- A commitment to source produce from local farms when and where possible.
- A commitment to sustainably source all coffee served to our guests and ambassadors.
- A commitment to purchase all commodity pork cuts, such as ribs and loins, from suppliers who have announced a commitment to humane farming practices like those who have published targets for conversion to group sow housing.
- All eggs, including shell and liquid eggs, are sourced from cage-free chickens.