6000 Discovery Cove Way
Orlando, FL 32821
Discovery Cove is a full day adventure with operating hours of 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. daily. Check-in begins at 7:30 a.m.
About Discovery Cove
Discovery Cove is a unique reservations-only, all-inclusive park. The park restricts attendance to about 1,300 guests per day and so is able to provide a more intimate, resort-like experience unlike any park in the world today. Guests are able to participate in the park’s signature 30-minute Dolphin Interaction, snorkel with tropical fish and rays in The Grand Reef®, wade beside marmosets and otters in the Freshwater Oasis™, hand-feed parrots, toucans, and other exotic birds in the free flight Explorer’s Aviary, and relax in the large resort pool and swim along a tropical river. Other amenities include freshly prepared breakfast and lunch, unlimited snacks and drinks, free equipment rentals and a souvenir snorkel. Plus the Discovery Cove Day Resort Package includes unlimited admission to SeaWorld® and Aquatica, SeaWorld's Waterpark™ in Orlando (Busch Gardens® Tampa Bay can be added for an additional charge).
- If you are planning on visiting Discovery Cove during the summer or near a holiday, you should book your reservation at least one month prior to your intended visit to ensure availability as these timeframes tend to book early.
- Discovery Cove provides all guests with swim vests and/or wetsuits, a mask and snorkel, towels and beach chairs. Discovery Cove will also provide guests with a sample of specially formulated sunscreen that is safe for use in the animal habitats.
- Guests should bring their own swimsuits, and, if they choose, water socks or rubber pool shoes, hat, sunglasses and cover-up or dry clothes.
- For the safety and well being of our marine friends, Discovery Cove guests may not wear jewelry (wedding sets and water proof watches are allowed).
- A photo ID (e.g., driver’s license, passport) is required for each party member 18 years and older.
- Discovery Cove provides complimentary transportation to and from SeaWorld Orlando on the day of the Discovery Cove visit. We also provide complimentary transportation to Busch Gardens Tampa for guests whose Discovery Cove package includes admission to Busch Gardens.
Self-parking at Discovery Cove is complimentary, however, parking admission at our sister parks is not included. If you would like to add a parking package to your reservation, please contact our Guest Reservations Center at 1-877-557-7404.
The Day Resort Packages to Discovery Cove are all-inclusive. Therefore, admission includes the use of lockers, wetsuit, towels and mask during your stay, free parking, shower amenities, souvenir snorkel, complimentary entry photo, breakfast, lunch, all drinks and snacks, access to the Explorer's Aviary, The Grand Reef, Serenity Bay, Wind-away River, Freshwater Oasis, plus a 14-Consecutive day pass to SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica, SeaWorld's Waterpark™ in Orlando.
Private cabanas are available for rental at an additional fee and are tucked within the lush landscaping. Complete with table and chairs, chaise lounges, and rolled towels, the cabanas provide a special place for up to 6 guests to relax when not in the water exploring. Space is limited. Call 1-877-557-7404 to reserve your cabana.
The temperature of our pools remains constant throughout the year. The fresh water Serenity Bay and Wind-away River are maintained around 85-88 F (30 C). The salt water dolphin pools maintained around 72 F, and The Grand Reef are 77 F (25 C).
Outside Food Policy
Since breakfast, freshly prepared lunch and unlimited snacks, drinks and select alcoholic beverages are included with every Day Resort Package to Discovery Cove, no other food, beverages or coolers are permitted.
Important Allergen Information Dietary Needs
To best serve you and assure a safe and enjoyable dining experience, we ask that you please read and understand ALL of the important information below.
WHAT TO DO: Upon arriving at a meal facility, please go straight to the cashier and ask to speak with a supervisor to discuss the severity of your allergens and determine a meal that will be safe for you.
OFFERING OF SPECIALTY ITEMS: Our park offers several allergen friendly prepackaged items for your special dietary needs. For a list of these items and their location, please ask to speak to a supervisor at our main meal facilities.
CROSS CONTACT: Not all of our meal facilities are free from cross contact. In order to ensure your meal is safe, please discuss the preparation process for your meal with the supervisor as you place your order to ensure no cross-contact takes place.
TIPS FOR A SAFE TRIP: Follow these tips to allow us to best serve you and ensure a safe and great dining experience with us!
- Always ask for a supervisor upon arriving at a meal facility
- Visit meal facilities during non-peak hours or ahead of meal time so that you can be efficiently assisted and served
- Always ask about cross-contact potential
Still have a question? Contact us here.
This information is provided for informational purposes only by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Inc (SEA). Neither SEA, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, vendors, and/or employees assume responsibility for sensitivity or allergy to any food product or ingredient provided by or in our parks.
Guests with Disabilities
Discovery Cove can accommodate guests with disabilities who are able to maneuver themselves with limited assistance (or with the aid of a personal assistant) during their dolphin experience and in the various wading locations. Discovery Cove also offers specially-designed outdoor wheelchairs with oversized tires for easy maneuvering on the beach. The wheelchairs are not self-maneuverable and guests will need assistance operating them. Wheelchairs can be reserved by calling 1-877-557-7404.
Except when participating in an event intended for young guests such as our Adventure Camps® and other educational programs, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment suggests that visitors 14 and younger be accompanied by an adult.
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment® is committed to providing guests a safe and enjoyable experience. Because of different pathway configuration and terrain as well as large crowds that include small children and strollers, we regret that we cannot permit the use of two-wheeled, self-balancing electric vehicles such as Segways. We are pleased to offer other forms of personal transportation, standard wheelchairs and we encourage you to contact Guest Services with any questions you may have.